Our History

Pleasant Grove Baptist Church - SnowPleasant Grove Baptist Church was organized and constituted on June 18, 1853 in the Clingman Community of Ronda, North Carolina. The church was named “Pleasant Grove” because it was located in the midst of a beautiful grove of trees. Our church building has stood at its present site since 1898. From our constitution in 1853 until today, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church has remained a strong fellowship of Christian believers who are growing in our faith, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and ministering to the needs of our community and the world.